QNX just announced the SMP kit. The Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) Technology Development Kit allows you to achieve greater scalability, system density and performance in compute-intensive systems, such as network elements, encryption/decryption, transportation, high-end medical imaging, and storage.
The SMP Technology Development Kit provides access to unique QNX technology, with an extensive set of binary components to develop and deploy SMP systems. Packaged with header files, libraries and documentation, the kit lets you take advantage of SMP on popular dual-core processors such as MIPs, PowerPC, and x86.Features and Benefits:
- Maximize available headroom
- Boost performance with near linear improvements
- Optimize system performance
- Choose from a variety of widely used SMP processors; MIPs, PowerPC, and x86.
- Support POSIX standards (POSIX 1003.1-2001 options)
- Mitigate risk with a predictable cost structure
To learn more, download the SMP technology development kit brochure, visit